Monday, March 24, 2014

Equipped


“As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless….”
2 Samuel 22:31

We don’t choose who our parents will be.

Or where our parents will live.

Or what our parents will do for a job.

“It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.”
2 Samuel 22:33


Our Girl arrived to us in East Africa sixteen years ago.

To grow up. Where we chose to be.

I prayed many, many times for her to be supplied with all she would need to thrive in this place.

Her situation would be unique in experience and in opportunity. It would also be rich with challenge.

God has been so very faithful.

“…but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place….”
2Samuel 22:19-20

Months ago, Our Girl came to me and said she had some wishes for her sixteenth birthday celebration.

She wanted special dates with all of her dearest friends.

My mind raced as to how we could pull that off…

She smiled.

And caught me up.

“Isaac likes to swim and play pool—I can go with him on a lunch date and do both of those things.”

Isaac.

She continued…

“Silas loves camping out—so I can camp out with him one night and play cards in the tent outside.”

We were both smiling then.

“Alex and I have a list of movies and TV shows we want to watch, so we could have a marathon movie night with fun snacks and lots of laughs.”

Her best friend, Alex.


“We could go to breakfast together, Mom…”

Our favorite get-away-from-it-all treat.



“And Dad. I’d love to go on a fancy date with Dad.”

I knew he would be honored.

We schemed for how to locate a new, fun dress for her special date. And we made arrangements with these, all of her dearest friends, for celebrating her big week.

Our whole family plus Derrick would cap off the festivities with High Tea on her actual birthday.





I watched her roll through her week of dates, treasuring each in my heart.

This life we live requires making do and flexibility.

How amazing to realize she was doing neither throughout this week.

She really was celebrating with her dearest friends.

How very often my Cashlings teach me.

“Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.”
Jeremiah 33:9

God promised, through Jeremiah, that his restoration of and provision for Jerusalem would proclaim Him “before all nations on earth.”

This. Exactly this, is what I hear in the lives of my family.

Our Father Provides. And supplies. And gives.

Not ‘sort of.’

All the way.

I, the Mama, stand in trembling awe to see Yahweh Jireh pour good things into the lives of my beloved ones.

“The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior!”
2 Samuel 22:47

“…he shows unfailing kindness to his anointed…”
2 Samuel 22:51

God’s blessings on you, my Beautiful Girl, as you continue to walk out this perfectly designed trail.
Your faithfulness and joy in your journey inspire me every day.
I am breathless to witness God’s incredible provision in you.
His way is perfect.
And He never fails.
So grateful to learn with you.
Happy birthday!
Always, Mama

“May the God of peace…equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”
Hebrews 13:20-21



No comments: