Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Taste and See

Psalm 34
Encouragement for the afflicted.

"I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. I will glory in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together."

Celebrating Easter


With my dear ones


Fun with Easter Elephants (not bunnies!)

"I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame."

I love this girl! 

Enjoying the delights of a trip to Kampala

"This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them."

blessed by the prayers of new friends as we wait for test results at the clinic

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. Fear the LORD, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing."

New malls, new cafes, good coffee


Birthday breakfast in bed


Blueberries (a rare treat!) and ice cream. A perfect birthday dessert!

Laying words on a page--delight!

"Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD...
 Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it."

Bible class on Sunday mornings

Sharing love, laughter and Jesus together with dear friends 


Mother's day with all my loves


Mother's Day surprises



beautiful new dishes!

Memorial Day skype time with cousins

Memorial Day grilling and fun




"The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."


my steadfast man, working tirelessly to make life better for our family


"The righteous person may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all; he protects his bones, not one of them will be broken."

a washed out bridge between us and church on a Sunday morning

'no hill for a stepper!' 
Jeff Cash drove three vehicles over this tiny space twice in one day


"The LORD will rescue his servants; no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned."

safe travels and providential guidance over many long, dangerous miles

A Psalm for the afflicted.
(hear! and rejoice!)

Taste and see.
(Partake.)
(Join in!)

The Lord is good!



thankful, thankful to share life with this man


treasures of my heart

delight!


"We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love be with us, LORD, even as we put our hope in you."
Psalm 33:20-22


Brief health update:  Thank you for your love and encouragement! I continue to work towards healing. 
The latest labs and opinions and well-informed thoughts say I might be fighting some sort of allergy or food intolerance.  We are utilizing the resources we have, namely, Process of Elimination. This process is slow and sometimes difficult, but we are thankful for every success and strengthened through each opportunity to discipline endurance. Your prayers have been felt and fruitful.  We greatly appreciate your continued petitions for sustained good health.









No comments: